Monday, July 12, 2010

Lamb Burgers

I've been on a lamb kick recently. No particular reason. When I think about what to make for dinner my mind goes first to seafood, then steak, then chicken, and I guess lamb is last. So I had kind of forgotten how much I love it. These lamb burgers are pretty much the burger form of the marinated kabobs I made a couple weeks ago.



3/4 - 1 lbs. ground lamb
1/2 lemon
2 Tbl. chopped fresh oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt
pepper
olive oil or canola oil, for grilling

Combine lamb, juice from half a lemon, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Use your hands to break up the meat and evenly distribute the other ingredients. Form into 2-3 patties, depending on how much meat you have.




Brush the burgers with a bit of oil on each side to prevent sticking to the grill (or use olive oil or canola spray). Grill on each side for about 5-6 minutes. For garnish, I used feta cheese crumbles, tomato slices, and tzatziki. And pita bread for a bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment