Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Spiced Potatoes with Fresh Herbs

I feel like I have no time lately. No time! There's never any time! (Saved by the Bell reference? Anyone?) I don't have my usual queue of recipes bookmarked on my computer - I haven't even really had time to look for any. That's probably also due in part to being without a computer for several days...who knew tripping over a power cord to a 5-year-old computer would render it useless for days on end? Not me.

I think my busy life as of late is why the name of this recipe from 64 Sq. Ft. Kitchen spoke to me - Weeknight Potatoes. And because it calls for cumin. I changed the recipe slightly, the original calls for sweet paprika and the addition of a bit of harissa or other hot sauce. I was making two other things at the same time so I wanted to eliminate also making harissa, plus I only had hot paprika so I just used that for the spicy component instead. If you choose to go the sweet paprika and harissa route, mix the harissa in at the beginning with the other spices.

6 Yukon Gold potatoes
1 tsp hot paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven at 400F.

Peel and slice the potatoes into wedges or fries. Put them in a bowl, along with the olive oil, salt, black pepper, ground cumin, and paprika. Toss the potatoes to combine.



Arrange them in a baking sheet in a single layer and bake until golden brown and crisp on the outside, turning them over once, about 25-30 minutes.

Mix the herbs, garlic, lemon juice in a bowl. When the potatoes are baked, toss them quickly with the garlic infused herbs and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment