Friday, February 12, 2010

The French Market

I ventured out to a new market today, not super convenient to my apartment, but not that far away - the Chicago French Market, within the MetraMarket in the West Loop. It's an indoor farmers market of sorts, or if you're from Columbus it's like a mini North Market. I am having my friend Jacquilyn over for dinner tonight so I went to pick up some ingredients, and just to explore. There are a few produce booths, several bakeries/patisseries, meat and seafood, cheese, sandwiches, flowers, gelato, coffee...lots of good stuff.

Produce from CityFresh Market


Purple, green, and orange cauliflower! I bought a purple one, can't wait to try it.


Cheese from Pastoral


Amazing bread from Necessity Baking


Treats from Delightful Pastries

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, those cookies were amazing. I will have to trek from Evanston and make it down there sometime.

    ReplyDelete