Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Midweek Ennui

Middle of the week = not very exciting dinners. I've been trying to use up leftovers from last weekend, so last night I made pappardelle with pesto (from Saturday night) and hot Italian turkey sausage. I say it's not exciting, but it's really one of our favorite meals. The spiciness of the sausage is just so good with the pesto. And lots of parmesan cheese on top, of course. To cook the sausage I slice the casing open lengthwise and break the sausage up into smaller pieces, and cook in a skillet. Very easy and so good.


I've had a few people comment on how Xabi made it onto the blog, but Henri hasn't. It's because Xabi begs during dinner, and Henri isn't very interested when we try to feed him fish or meat. In fact, he goes crazy when I eat fruit. I think he's got a few screws loose. But he does like to hang out in the kitchen with me when I'm cooking (take note: his left paw is raised, ready to swat me at any moment).


So there you go Henri, now you're on the internet and world-famous!

2 comments: