Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello!

Here's my story - I just moved to Chicago from New York last fall for my husband's job, and I'm looking for a job so I've got lots of time on my hands. Lately the biggest thing in my day has been dinner...perusing the internet for new recipes and ideas, wandering the aisles at Whole Foods, and then cooking for my husband Peter. He's pretty much my guinea pig when it comes to trying out new recipes. Although I'm sure his opinions are biased because as soon as he takes the first bite I'm asking "it's good, right? right??" I figured, plenty of people I know have blogs...and with all this time on my hands to cook, why not write about it? The name of the blog is about how dinner goes down in our household every night - I cook, and Peter cleans up.

At the moment I don't have any pictures to share of something I've cooked, so this will have to do for now. When we lived in New York we lived across the street from Chelsea Market, which takes up an entire block between 9th and 10th avenues and 15th and 16th streets. It's basically a gourmet food mall. The Food Network offices are in the same building, so you know the food must be good. I really miss the homemade Italian sausages from Buon Italia, the amazing selection of fresh seafood from The Lobster Place, and the handmade ice cream cookie sandwiches from Ronnybrook Milk Bar. If you live in New York and haven't been, it's a sin.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Chelsea market for the first time this past summer (after living in NYC for 10 years) on your recommendation and got Fat Witch brownies also on your recommendation!
    The place was great and so were th brownies.
    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete