Friday, April 30, 2010

Chicago's Downtown Farmstand (and a celebration!)

I'll start with the celebration part first. I got a JOB! Finally! I'm not going to say where it is, because I have no idea what my new company's policy is about blogs or writing anything about the company, so I'm just not even going to go there. But I'm excited to get back to work. This doesn't mean I'll be writing any less, just maybe at different times of the day. We happened to have a cute little half bottle of Veuve in the fridge, so we popped it open for a celebratory drink on the balcony. Doesn't the half bottle make it look like the champagne glasses are huge?



Now on to the farmstand part of the post. I am itching for the farmers markets to open in Chicago! Just a few more weeks. The Division Street market (near our apartment) is open on Saturdays, and the Daley Plaza market (downtown) is open on Thursdays...I can't wait! But in the meantime, I found Chicago's Downtown Farmstand. It's a little place that almost looks like a convenience store from the outside, but is full of local products.

They have a small produce area:




They also sell lots of other locally-made goodies like olive oil, marinades, mustards, honey, and extracts.




And, they have bakery items. I overheard someone working there telling a customer that they were sold out of sandwiches, so I obviously couldn't get a picture of those.



I bought some eggs, and later I'll explain what I used them for.

No comments:

Post a Comment