Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach Picnic



What a beautiful day to go to the ocean! Clear skies, hot weather...ahhhh. Fooled you! That's Lake Michigan. This is what the view looks like if you turn the other way.



I can't bring myself to call it the beach. I actually like to call it the "fleach" - fake lake beach. But hey, I'm not complaining...it's just a few blocks from our apartment, and it was the perfect answer to yesterday's 89-degree weather. And of course, with a trip to the fleach comes a fleach picnic. I made one big fat sandwich for us to share - mozzarella di bufala, tomatoes, basil, prosciutto, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper on ciabatta bread.



Don't sandwiches just taste better when eaten outside on a hot summer day? Especially with salt and vinegar chips.



I think we'll be spending a lot of time at the fleach this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment