Monday, May 24, 2010

Sprinkles Cupcakes Is Coming To Chicago!

Way back in the winter I went to run an errand at Sur La Table around the corner, only to find it had closed! I went to Williams Sonoma instead. Ironically, I think I was looking for some Valentine's sprinkles for cookies. I mentioned that their competitor down the street had closed, and the salesperson said she thought Sprinkles might be going into that location (50 East Walton Street). Walking by there today I saw this, which confirmed it:



Score! I've never actually had Sprinkles. I've had Magnolia, Crumbs, Billy's, and Buttercup in New York...not to mention More, which is pretty much in the lobby of my building. All I know is that Sprinkles is based in Los Angeles, and they claim to be "the progenitor of the haute cupcake craze" - a statement I'm sure Magnolia would debate.

Opening is scheduled for "Summer 2010" and according to the website they'll have key lime cupcakes starting May 28 through September 6. I just hope there are no delays in opening, I'll be very sad if I miss out on that flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment