Sunday, May 30, 2010

Division Street Farmers Market



The Division Street Farmers Market is the one closest to my apartment, stretching along two blocks of Division between State and Clark. It's only open on Saturdays from 7a-1p.

First on my agenda was to find something to eat for breakfast. I stopped by La Provence Imports and bought a chocolate croissant. Can't say no to those.



I bought English peas, asparagus, and fresh pappardelle to make veggie carbonara for dinner. The veggies came from Nichols Farm. Those are snap peas in the front of the picture, the English peas are behind them. I actually didn't end up making it for dinner, but that's a story for my next post.




And North Wichert Gardens had the most beautiful peonies. I couldn't say no to my favorite flower. They smelled amazing.



And last but not least, there were lots of farmers market dogs.



I brought my goodies back home, and had a nice little al fresco breakfast. Those Michigan strawberries also came from the market, and they were incredible. So red and juicy.




What a lovely way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment