Monday, August 16, 2010

Boston Trip - Smorgasbord

I still have a ridiculous amount of pictures from vacation, I just can't post them all because I would still be writing about my trip for another 2 weeks. And it would get a little boring. So today I give you an assortment of the best ones, and tomorrow I will give you the grand finale. I've been saving the best post for last.

First night of the trip: pizza at Joe V's. Here's the "yoga pizza" which has prosciutto, arugula, parmesan, mushrooms, and truffle oil.




Did you know it's been scientifically proven that sandwiches taste better at the beach? It's true. This is a roast beef sammy with tomatoes, onions, and pickles from Maria's. And of course Cape Cod chips and a Whale's Tale.




Some beautiful fresh berries...



Which my aunt Linda turned into strawberry shortcake with sweetened sour cream.




Ahh, a thing of beauty. A grill full of chourico, and chourico meat.



I actually don't think I had ever had the meat, they're just little pork cutlets with the same spices as chourico. Cut up and dipped in some Dijon mustard...it didn't last long.




At Julie and Lou's wedding, they had a groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner. This one was done by Delicious Desserts in Falmouth, MA.




Back in Boston...more pizza. Shocking, I know. We picked up a few pizzas from Fig's on Charles Street in Beacon Hill. This one has prosciutto and fig balsamic.




And the last meal of the trip - Union, in the South End. Here's the gnocchi, which was a special that night.



And bucatini carbonara. You can never go wrong with carbonara.




So long, Boston. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment