Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lemon and Herb Crusted Swordfish

When I want to make something new but am short on time to both research recipes and cook, seafood is usually what I gravitate towards. It's pretty easy to find a new spin on some type of fish I make often, and fish always cooks quickly so I don't have to worry about it being labor or time-intensive. Last night I found this Emeril recipe right before I went to the store, and it was exactly what I was looking for - easy, clean flavors, minimal cooking time, fresh ingredients. And for once the recipe was for just two servings, I didn't have to cut it down!

2 teaspoons chopped lemon zest
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chervil
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
2 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
1 tablespoon canola oil

In a bowl combine the lemon zest, dill, parsley, chervil, and black pepper.



Season the fish with salt and pepper, then lightly brush with Dijon mustard on one side.



Firmly press the mustard coated side of the swordfish into the lemon-herb mixture.



In a skillet (preferably non-stick) heat canola oil. Place fish, coated side down into the hot oil. Cook for 4 minutes, until the crust turns golden. Flip and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.



I did have a few things go wrong here. I wanted to cook the fish on the grill instead of in a pan, but as soon as I put it on the propane ran out.



I had to cook it on the stove instead but some of the herbs had already fallen off, so I tried to preserve as much as I could. Then the fresh mozzarella I was planning on using for a caprese salad was bad. Ugh. Despite all that, it was a great meal and now I have a new way to make swordfish to add to my repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment