Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lazy Monday

For some reason, the time change really messed up my sleep on Sunday night. Which is silly, because I go back and forth between central and eastern time a fair amount. But I did NOT sleep well after the switch to daylight savings and was kind of a waste of space on Monday. Oh wait, I did go out to buy ice cream - big accomplishment. But I pretty much felt like this:


Note the dead fish eyes. Between feeling tired, having cooked a lot over the weekend, and craving Thai food, I decided we should order take out. I think I can count on one hand the number of times we've ordered take out since we've lived in Chicago. I have a lot more time to cook now, plus there just aren't as many delivery options as we had in New York. Chelsea has a lot of good Thai food, and we used to get Nooch, or Chelsea Thai in Chelsea Market (no website) probably two or three times a month.

I found this place called Garlic & Chili Thai Cuisine on MenuPages, and placed my order: chicken panang, beef pad see ew, and shrimp dumplings. Really good. The panang had a lot of coconut milk in it, so could have been a little spicier, but overall was very good. Pad see ew was tasty. We'll definitely order from here next time a Thai craving hits.


No comments:

Post a Comment