Thursday, March 25, 2010

Red Snapper with Almonds

This is another recipe from French Women Don't Get Fat. I know I say everything is good, but honestly this is one of the best things I've made since I've started this blog. Actually, going back even further than that...one of the best things I've made in a long time. I think it was partially because the fish was very fresh - they only had whole red snapper at the store so I had the guy fillet it for me. But the flavors are very simple, and the almonds gave it a really nice texture...everything just worked really well together. Here's the recipe which I made a couple minor changes to:



1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 Tbl. olive oil
1 Tbl. butter
2 red snapper fillets (you can also use monkfish, halibut, or cod)
salt and pepper
juice of 1 lemon

In a large skillet, toast the almonds over medium heat for just a few minutes. Set aside.

Warm the olive oil and butter in the skillet. Season the snapper with salt and pepper and cook 4 minutes on each side. Add the lemon juice to the pan to blend with the pan juices. Pour over the fillets, then sprinkle with the toasted almonds.

I served it with roasted potato slices and sauteed spinach. And rice pudding for dessert, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment