Friday, March 12, 2010

Swordfish

This is so embarrassingly easy I shouldn't even write about it. It's literally as easy as making a piece of toast. I had swordfish on the brain yesterday and when I got to the market I was very sad to see they didn't have any. But I asked anyway. Always ask! The guy said he just heard the delivery buzzer go off, and that I should come back in 10 minutes. Which I did, and when I came back he was slicing up a big, beautiful piece of fresh swordfish just for ME.



1 lb. swordfish, cut into 2 pieces
salt and pepper
1-2 Tbl melted butter
1 lemon

Turn the broiler on to high. Salt and pepper both sides of the fish. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon (save the other half for after it's cooked) onto both sides the fish, then do the same with the melted butter. Cook under the broiler for about 15-18 minutes (depending on thickness), flipping halfway through. You're done!

I served the fish with wild rice, and steamed broccoli with parmesan. Such an easy dinner to make, and really good, simple flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment