Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Italian Soda

For some reason I've had Italian sodas on the brain for the last couple days. Italian sodas are just flavored syrup and carbonated water. I don't even think it's really an Italian thing...kind of like French toast and English muffins. I used to get them a lot from the Dean & Deluca in the Time Warner Center, but I haven't seen any in my usual places in Chicago so I bought the necessary items to make one.



I think I used about 8 ounces of seltzer and a tablespoon of syrup. I bought raspberry syrup from the coffee section at Whole Foods. It was...eh. I should have made more of an effort to find the good stuff - Monin or Torani. But that can be easily remedied. One of my favorite coffee places in Columbus, Stauf's, adds half and half to their Italian sodas...which is starting to go down the egg cream route, but I'll save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment