Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hummus Part II, and Caprese Salad



I love the hummus recipe from Food & Wine so much, I've made it a few times in the past month. But the last couple times I've made it, I've used chipotle chili powder. I eliminated the paprika, and added 1 1/2 teaspoons of chipotle chili powder.



I have to warn you, it's pretty hot. I like it that way, but if you don't want it so spicy, just use 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder, and you can always add more.



And, caprese salad. I feel a little silly writing about caprese salad because it requires no skill, and almost no time to create. But it's so pretty I had to share. I made it a couple nights ago with burrata instead of mozzarella di bufala. I don't know if Whole Foods always carries burrata and I gloss over it because it's $13 or $14, but it was on sale the other day so I bought it.



Burrata is mozzarella, stretched and then stuffed with more mozzarella and cream. It's so creamy that just from touching it while slicing it up, my fingers looked like I dipped them in melted ice cream. It made my regular caprese salad extra good. After slicing up tomatoes and cheese, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper, and add some sliced basil. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment