Monday, June 7, 2010

Sonoma Chicken Salad (NOT homemade)

Ok, sooo...I guess this whole work thing IS getting in the way of cooking. Just a little bit. I did have today off, so I am going to make something fun for dinner tonight (hopefully it goes well and I'll share it tomorrow). But don't worry, I'm not converting to buying pre-made foods. With one exception. Actually, I don't even consider this an exception because I've always bought it. And that food is Whole Foods' Sonoma Chicken Salad.



If you click on the picture it will probably be big enough to read the ingredients. But I'll list them for you so you don't have to do that: chicken, grapes, pecans, celery, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt, pepper. Mmmm. I've been on a chicken salad kick lately. I've been buying the chicken salad sandwich from King Cafe while I'm at work - their chicken salad has red cabbage and grapes in it. And I also heart the chicken salad sammy from The Goddess and Grocer. But Sonoma Chicken Salad is by far my favorite.



We happened to have challah bread buns, and so Peter and I split this one as a very, very late lunch. With a little rosé on the roofdeck...perfection! I do want to try to make it myself, though. Since I have the ingredients list, it shouldn't be too hard.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat,
    I like to make chicken salad but it is time consuming. One thing that I recently started doing was roasting the chicken breasts (bone in and skin on)as oppossed to boiling. I have been buying Willow Tree chicken salad because it is gluten free and very yummy.

    ReplyDelete