Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Levain Bakery



Peter went out to the Hamptons over Memorial Day weekend, and as soon as he made his plans to go I told him he had to bring me a cookie from Levain Bakery. It wasn't a polite request, it was a demand. Where do I start...Levain Bakery cookies are easily the best cookies I've ever had. Without a doubt. They come in four flavors - chocolate chip walnut, dark chocolate chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and dark chocolate peanut butter chip.




If I only he could have figured out a way to get that whole cart on the plane...



Yes, the cookies are $4. That may seem a little steep, but these cookies are HUGE. I think they probably weigh half a pound each. I usually eat them in stages, not all at once. Besides, can you really put a price tag on the best cookie you'll ever eat in your life? Here's one of their cookies next to one of the chocolate peanut butter cookies I made last week.



They are barely crispy on the outside, and unbelievably soft in the middle - almost raw once you get to the center.



Seriously, seriously the best cookie ever. They make me so happy. They have lots of other goodies like bread, little pizzas, and cinnamon buns that won some kind of cinnamon bun contest on Oprah last year. Levain has locations in East Hampton and in Manhattan on West 74th Street. And for those of you not in New York, you can order their cookies online.

No comments:

Post a Comment