Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fox & Obel

Fox & Obel is a wonderful gourmet grocery store in downtown Chicago. I don't get there as much as I would like, it's a little too far from my apartment to go on a regular basis. But I made a stop there yesterday to pick up a few things.



The first thing I saw when I walked in - Jeni's!



They have a great butcher and seafood counter, and lots of shellfish and seafood salad.



And as you might expect, a great cheese selection.



They also have a really nice wine and beer department, where I was able to find one of my favorite beers - Fischer, from Alsace, France.



There's a huge wall of a variety of olive oils and vinegars:



And some tasty-looking pre-made items:



Of course, I gravitate towards the sweets...




They also have a cafe area in the store where you can order sandwiches, and they do catering as well. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface here, they have so many wonderful things. So what did I buy? In no particular order - fresh pasta, purple cauliflower, broccoli rabe, Stonewall Kitchen vidalia onion & fig sauce, Oberweis coffee ice cream, and 00 flour. I'm really excited about making pizza dough with the 00 flour, I've had a hard time finding it. And of course, I bought some cheese...



...and a few Celtic sea salt caramels.

No comments:

Post a Comment